Friday, March 20, 2015

INSIDE SIKKIM: HOMELESS IN MY HOMELAND
Finally the establishment is all set to crackdown on Sikkim’s ‘lone warrior’ who has been battling against all odds for over three decades to preserve ‘Sikkim for Sikkimese Within the Union’.
The East District Collector has now threatened to evict me and my family from our house and demolish our residence-cum-press building in Gangtok. The accusation is that I have encroached upon government land at the back side of my Observer Building. This is a false and baseless allegation though I admit there is some encroachment on all sides of my building.
These are testing times for me and my family and we need the support of all our well-wishers. However, we assure you that we will stand firm and resolute come what may. The litigation that began in 2000, when I became politically active, has been going on for nearly 15 years. It must now come to a decisive end. I’m ready and eager to face the challenge that lies ahead.
The world should know what is really going on inside Sikkim. If the establishment takes a decision based on equality, fair-play, rule of law and justice I am ready to accept it. If not this threat is an open invitation to come out of my ten-year-long self-imposed exile (2004-2015). I’m excited!
Cheers!


Gangtok, Saturday, March 21, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment