Saturday, November 28, 2015

HAIL MT. HERMON!
Regretfully, I now confirm that I will not be able to make it for NEHA (I believe over 200 Hermonites will be present) meet this time. Some of you already know the main reason – domestic affairs. The 18-year-old legal battle regarding demolition of my house in Gangtok has reached a decisive phase with the Sikkim High Court allowing me one last time to settle the issue with the State Government.
I know this news is most disappointing and hard to digest for some of you, including myself. However, the show must go on. The main objective of such a gathering is to have a good time, deepen your friendship and stay in touch with each other in future.

For discussions on MH and Hermonites I would like to make the following suggestions:
1.     1.1.   We cannot do much for MH in a more meaningful and lasting way unless the Managing Committee, which runs the school on behalf of the Methodist Church in India, takes the Hermonites into confidence and interacts with us from time to time. As far as the Hermonites are concerned we are willing to help MH in more than one way. But the authorities must be more responsive and transparent in their dealings with MH and Hermonites.
2.     2.   Alumni bodies all over the world must be strong and united. Membership needs to be enlarged with an active nucleus. Interactions between various alumni bodies and Hermonites in general must be regular.
3.    3.    NEHA’s priority should be to form chapters in each Northeast states. This process could be initiated during the present meet.
4.      4.  The All-India Hermonites Association should be revived. I suggest that we float a South India Hermonites Association (SIHA) during the NEHA meet. We have already spoken to some Hermonites from South on this.

5.      5.  Hermonites International (Hi!) was formed in 2005. It should become more active and representative. There should be only one global body for the Hermonites. Since I’ve headed Hi since its inception someone else should now takeover.
6.   6.     Despite our sincere efforts to revive MH in all ways the authorities have not responded to my application for the post of MH Principal. If my candidature is not acceptable I’m ready to withdraw from the race to allow any other Hermonite for the post. We cannot wait forever.
7.      7.  MH is a great educational institution and Hermonites are a special and unique kind of people.  We must preserve, protect and promote our rich heritage.

8.     8.   Hail Mt. Hermon!




No comments:

Post a Comment