Tuesday, March 14, 2017

BHUTAN BECKONS, SO LONG SIKKIM!
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
(The Bible, 2 Timothy 4:7)

To those who know me well this move will not come as a surprise. After nearly three and half decades in Sikkim I’ve now decided to move on and pursue my next dream – to set up what hopefully will one day become one of finest educational institutions in the Himalaya.
Last month, me and some of the ex-students and staff of our alma mater, Mount Hermon School, Darjeeling, decided to start a boarding school in Paro Valley in western Bhutan. The location seems perfect in all respect. Ah, a school up on the mountain and down by the river!
My active engagement with Sikkim affairs came to an end in the summer of 2004. I spent the past decade or so tying up loose ends and now its almost time for me to move on. There’s a calling to which I must respond timely and positively.
So I call upon all my friends and fellow Hermonites, family members and relatives, supporters and sympathisers, allies and adversaries et al to wish me luck in my new mission. Your continued support and contribution – cash & kind, ideas & inputs etc. – will be greatly appreciated. We are thinking big but starting small.
Therefore, help us to move forward inch by inch, step by step, one day at a time towards the fulfilment of our hopes and aspirations.
Cheers!
(Posted on my Facebook page on March 7, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment