Saturday, January 29, 2011

SPORT I will retire from East Bengal, says Bhutia



Kolkata, Jan 28: India captain Bhaichung Bhutia on Monday quashed talk of any imminent retirement and said he would return next season after taking a three-month break and if he decides to quit, he would do it from East Bengal.
Talking to reporters at East Bengal club, the Sikkimese sniper said he came to be known as a footballer from East Bengal, so he would like to call it quits donning the red-and-gold jersey.
"I was born in Sikkim, but I started my football life here in East Bengal. I got to be known as a footballer from East Bengal. It's my mother club. East Bengal gave me a footballing life. That's the reality and that is never going to change.
"I've got all my trophies for East Bengal be it Durand Cup, Federation Cup or whatever. I'm so proud and honoured to be a part of them," he said in an emotional tone.
"It's true I played for different clubs, but those were a few challenges that I took. I will definitely retire from East Bengal, even as I have my own club United Sikim. I started from here and I want to end here," the 34-year-old said.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment